The Gifted Education Department of the ESC of Northeast Ohio acts as a resource in assuring compliance with current Ohio Legislation and ODE policies. A variety of services are available to consortium members requesting them include the following:
- Development and implementation of gifted identification processes for all students.
- Gifted program development and coordination of gifted services.
- Facilitate completion of the written education plan (WEP) for gifted students.
- Inform parents, teachers, and administration of the needs and rights of gifted children.
- Complete submit reports as required by ODE:
a. Supplemental identification fund
b. Gifted self-report
c. EMIS reporting
- Facilitate development and implementation of academic acceleration and testing policies.
- Act as a liaison for parent advocacy groups.
- Provide curriculum support for differentiation of instruction.
- Facilitate program evaluation.
- Ongoing communication with parents, teachers and administrators.
- Provide professional development opportunities.
- Serve as liaison between the school district and gifted student activity opportunities sponsored by the ESC.