Discover Your Place in Education
Interested in making a difference in the lives of students? Become a substitute teacher in your local community.
The Ohio Substitute Teacher Services (OSTS) serves as the substitute teacher provider for school districts in Northeast Ohio as well as school districts in Southeast Ohio.
Outlined below are the steps to becoming an OSTS substitute teacher:
- Complete the Substitute Teacher Application.
- You will be contacted by an OSTS representative for a phone interview.
- After the interview and your references are checked; you will be invited to attend an orientation.
- As a part of the employment process, every substitute attends a 90-minute Substitute Teacher Orientation. During this orientation, substitutes will learn about the partnership, employment with, and expectations of Ohio Substitute Teacher Services and complete employment paperwork
We will need the following items:
- 2 forms of original ID – For example, a Driver’s License and Social Security Card, Driver's License and Birth Certificate, or a Passport
- Copy of current sub/teaching license
- Copy of FBI and BCI background check results (within the past year)
- A voided check or letter from the bank with account information for payroll
- Copy of official transcripts (only needed if we need to sign off on a substitute license)