BEFORE YOU ENROLL:
- School Districts must have an agreement on file with the OOLP/ESC of Northeast Ohio before enrolling students. If you are a new district, please contact OOLP Coordinator Kajal Brazwell at [email protected].
- Only school personnel can submit enrollment forms. In order to receive the full benefits and services through the ESC/OOLP, enrollments for any of the partnering curriculum providers (see list below) must be completed through the OOLP Enrollment, and not directly with the providers.
STEPS TO ENROLL:
- Select your provider for K-5, 6-8, and 9-12. (You can use different providers for different grades levels. For example, K-5 with one provider and 6-12 with another).
- Lincoln Learning Solutions (K-12)
- Imagine Learning (6-12)
- Pearson Connexus (K-12)
- Virtual Learning Academy (K-12)
- Edmentum (contact OOLP for enrollment)
- Newsela (contact OOLP for more information)
- Review the course catalogs for the selected provider and select courses for your student(s).
- CLICK HERE to complete the Enrollment Form by filling out all fields and return a copy to: [email protected]
- Workbook/Textbook orders: Please note that K-5 courses and some middle/high school courses do require workbooks or textbooks. We can submit orders through our partners Lincoln Learning Solutions, Edgenuity and Pearson. Please contact Kajal Brazell at [email protected] for order forms.
- You will receive an enrollment confirmation once your request has been reviewed. Please allow 24 hours.
- The time it takes to enroll students will depend on a few factors: the number of students you are enrolling at one time, if your district is already set up in the LMS of the provider you selected, and if all courses you selected are loaded under your district. Typically, it may take 1- 3 days for individual enrollments, and up to 2-3 days for bulk enrollments.
The Ohio Online Learning Program team is happy to support our districts and students this school year! Every student who enrolls in our program with provider teachers as facilitators also gets assigned a Student Learning Advocate (SLA) from our team. The SLAs will support, guide, and monitor student progress and be the main point of contact for students. Our team is committed to the highest level of support and service! Let’s have a great year!
Kajal Brazwell, OOLP Coordinator
Regina Parks, OOL Program Specialist
Alexa DelRusso, Student Learning Advocate
Dan Ogilvy, Student Learning Advocate