Teachers are as crucial in online learning as they are in a traditional classroom. For every course, students have an assigned teacher who monitors student progress, provides feedback, and is available for student questions through email and weekly office hours. These Highly Qualified Teachers are involved with the curriculum from start to finish. Therefore, they are experts on both the content and the philosophy of our program.
- Grade and provide high quality feedback on assessments.
- Provide helpful resources and interventions to support student learning.
- Communicate with students, parents, advisors, and school contacts.
- Provide progress monitoring and progress reports.
- Hold weekly office hours where the teacher and student can speak in real time via microphone, message via chat box, share files, use a whiteboard and other interactive tools to support student learning.
Upon enrollment, teachers send a Welcome email to the student and his/her school contact (when provided). This Welcome email will contain information about the course, contact information, office hour times, and any additional resources.