Thank you for your interest in substitute teaching. A list is provided as a service to the three local school districts. The people that are on the substitute list ARE NOT EMPLOYED by the Educational Service Center (ESC) of Northeast Ohio. Also, the ESC of Northeast Ohio does not support any person that is on the list.
The local districts are:
- Cuyahoga Heights Local Schools
- Independence Local Schools
- Richmond Heights Local Schools
The following items are required to be included on the substitute list:
- Substitute Teacher Application
- Valid certification of “no record” from BCI and FBI (see below)
- Copy of your current teaching certificate or substitute certificate
- ODE Step by Step Guide for New Teaching License
- ODE Online License Instructions (with IRN)
- License Renewal - SAFE Account Instructions
(2) Per Ohio Revised Code, all school employees must be fingerprinted. The fingerprints are sent to the Bureau of Criminal ID and Investigation and a certificate of clearance is issued. You must have a certificate letter valid one year from the date of the original check revealing “no record”. If you need to have your fingerprints processed please call Mark Miller (216-446-3813) as an appointment is required. There is a fee of $50.00 cash or check only.
Once all the above papers are completed and received, you will be placed on the substitute list. The lists are updated monthly and then emailed to the school district(s) that you checked on your application. All paperwork should be emailed to Mark Miller at [email protected] or faxed to his attention to 216-524-3683.